Oddball (16)

Cogline (12)

Shadey (11)

Top posting users this week

O Amigo, Adios

View previous topic View next topic Go down

O Amigo, Adios

Post  Estha on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:54 am

I just figured that I should try making it official. After about 3 or so years on Tru-Wow, I'm going to leave or try doing so.

I decided to post here and not on the actual TW forums because I'm not popular enough, and there are enough "Au revoir" posts going around anyway.

The reason I write this now, trying to make it official, is because I've tried leaving Truwow before a few times. Ever since Oath disbanded (the actual guild and not the skeleton left behind) and Rahel lost interest in WoW, the game became considerably less fun for me over time. I lost interest in the end-game raids and focused more on gearing myself out of Primal Mooncloth (mission successful finally, but a little too late). In any case, what this to-be wall of text boils down to is that I don't really find the game as fun anymore; I see people gearing up around me (Congo rats to Venderbender on his T6, you may now do like Mdmrage and quit your priest to consider alts) but it doesn't really phase me any longer. I remember when it did, and when I did care and tried to get into raids, but I already know the content of BT. I've dpsed it, caster and melee, healed some of it, and long-since watched videos of SWP and BT to fill in gaps before the raid was even opened. I feel like I don't have much to expect or miss, apart from friends, so it's just time to move on. Atop this, my laptop is getting older and older, and while once I considered it, playing WoW the little that I do now doesn't merit getting a new one anymore, unfortunately. It probably would have made me enjoy the game a bit more/longer, being able to play it with higher settings, but the cost doesn't balance out anymore.

I'm going to be logging in less often, hoping to get myself out of the habit of wanting to play. I probably will end up logging in infrequently if Shae or Ana ask me to heal something they planned, to PvP a bit, or to speak with friends. The people I do regularly speak to or have spoken to I've already befriended on Facebook or MSN to stay in touch, so it's a non-issue. But I'm hoping this leave of absence will let me focus on doing something more constructive with my time than afking in Shat, dpsing/healing the endless ZAs with people I don't know, and just focus on my coursework in general since university work is beginning to pick up and I need to become a teacher's pet this semester to get letters of recommendation.

Anyway, to the few people who remained friendly even post-merge which invariably changed some people: I'll speak to you now and then when we're online, provided you read these forums. However, I think only Shae, Ricky, and perhaps Tuku check regularly, so please do me a favour and send a /wave to Tanara, Blanjaz, Oddball, Jimbo/Sons, the Oath crew, Zoob/Eyo, Kedama, Strang, and Manos (if they're still around). Or any others, actually, whose names I may have forgotten since I'm tired.

Chau. Wink It's been a good, long run and it's nice to have met all of you.

Estha&Rahel

Estha
User
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: O Amigo, Adios

Post  Shaerty on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:28 pm

Really hope you stay in touch!
Gratz for being the better person! Seriously :p
Shaerty
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eyomin on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:28 pm

Oh my god there is my name... Even if its next to Zoob's, I am totally touched! <3
Your journey has now begun! May the force be with you!!!
eyomin
User
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaerty on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:02 pm

OMG someone who's as old as me! :O
Shaerty
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Estha on Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:50 pm

eyomin wrote:Oh my god there is my name... Even if its next to Zoob's, I am totally touched! <3
Your journey has now begun! May the force be with you!!!

Haha, no, Eyo. I just put your name next to Zoob's because I think of you two as a unit, kind of like "Estha&Rahel" there's "Zoobie&Eyomin." I just figured that when one of you is online, the other one most likely is, too, so the message would reach both of you.

Estha
User
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scythe on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:41 am

Shaerty wrote:OMG someone who's as old as me! :O

You make me feel so old now shae ive been here since tru wow started with a small pop of like 20 ppl.

Sorry to hear ur leaving Estha how u'll come bk when we move up to wrath

Scythe
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blanjaz on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:21 am

It was great playing with someone like you. thanks for conpartir many funny moments and enjoyable. bad times are forgotten. I hope to have the opportunity to stay in touch but not often. as you said, "I hope the relationship continues through the forum or maybe when you connect to the game." Greetings and continues with the university and the only thing he will eat tomorrow.
Blanjaz
User
User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top